Ordinary AEDs only defibrillate. Rapid defibrillation is a critical intervention to improve survival from a sudden cardiac arrest (SCA), but just attaching electrodes and delivering a shock is not enough. It must be supported with high quality cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR). The ZOLL® AED Plus™ is unique in that it guides the rescuer through every stage of rescuing a casualty with pictures, text displays and voice prompts and also provides crucial feedback. Everything is designed to assist the infrequent rescuer to give the best possible support at every step during an extremely pressured situation.
ZOLL's AED Plus® features Real CPR Help®, a tool that is able to actually see what you are doing and provide feedback to help you do it well. Audio and visual prompts help you rescue with confidence and clarity unmatched by any other automated external defibrillator (AED).
- Not pushing hard enough? It will tell you when to push harder.
- Pushing hard enough? It will say, "Good compressions."
- Not pushing fast enough? A metronome will lead you to the right rate.
- It will even show you the depth of each compression in real time.
- Not yet started? The AED Plus will tell you again to get started.
- Compressions stopped? It will tell you to continue.
ZOLL’s CPR-D•padz has been designed as a one piece electrode that is designed to fit just about every shape and size (although a special feature lets the rescuer separate the apex electrode to cover the very small number of people where a special adaptation is required). This ensures faster and more accurate placement of the electrodes.
The AED Plus offers:
Other important features: